City & State Public Services
Emergencies - Call 911
The Baltimore City website has a lot of useful information. For anything ranging from missed trash/recycling collection, pothole repair, streetlight out, or traffic signal not working, call or use Baltimore City's online service request form.
- Phone 311
- Online service request form
- For streetlights, please specify the number on the light pole
- Northern District Police Precinct - 410-396-2455 (for non-emergencies)
The State has a good website which lists all the online services available in Maryland
Utilities / BG&E
Trash / Recycling
- New July 2009: trash on Tuesdays, recycling on Thursdays
- Recycling is now single stream which means everything is mixed together. Please do not use plastic bags because it damages the sorting machines.
- updated: Here's a great recycling graphic to help you figure out what's recyclable and what's not
- Bulk trash - Use the online service request form or call 311 to schedule
The Orchards Home Owners Association pays a private contractor to plow our streets. Technically, the City is responsible but historically the City has not gotten to secondary streets such as ours in a timely manner. Bryn Mawr also plows the primary streets used by faculty, parents, and students.
Please be aware, that every owner is responsible for cleaning all of the sidewalks aound their property within 3 hours after the end of the snowstorm (if the snow ends between 11pm and 6am you have until 11am that day).